Piranha Arts is an independent Berlin-based company, that has sustained its position in the music and cultural exchange market for over two decades. Piranha Arts is a local and international firmly established brand with more than 30 employees. The Piranha Kultur team is specialized on the programming and development of new formats, production and realization as well as communication of inter cultural music events.
The Piranha Kultur Portfolio contains the following fields:
1. Conception and Realization of Music and Cultural Events:
Own productions (i.a.):
- Die Nächte des Ramadan - The Nights of Ramadan – the cultural festival offers an insight into various traditions of the Muslim culture and its contemporary developments
- C3 Festival - Club Contemporary Classical - The festival presents new music which falls into the grey zone between the genres of contemporary classical and electronic music.
- Festival Traditioneller Musik - Festival of Traditional Music – Concerts & Workshops impart a vibrant excerpt of musical traditions & forms of expression
Further Highlights of the past years were the summer festival classic Heimatklänge, the Festival Carnaval BerlimBrasil or The Long Nights of The Soundsystems as the official aftershow party of the local and famous Berlin Carnival of Cultures.
Contract works; supplying services from program consulting to project implementation (i.a.):
Children and Family Program:
Youth educational events:
- Beyruth – the beirut of education, Berlin, 2008
- Europafest – 50 Jahre Römische Verträge, 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome, Brandenburger Tor, Berlin, 2007
- Kreuztanbul, Intercultural Festival between Kreuzberg and Istanbul, Berlin, 2008 & 2009
- Markt der Kontinente, Market of the continents, (music program consulting), Museum Dahlem, Berlin, since 2004
- MeYouZik, Worldmusicfestival, Luxembourg, since 2007
- Trenntfestival of the Berlin Cleaning Service (BSR), Berlin, 2011
- Museum Island Festival and accompanying programme of the exhibition for the state Museums of Berlin, e.g. Babel Live, Vision Humboldtforum, since 2004
- Tag der offenen Tür des Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit Open day of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Berlin, 2005-2010
- 60 Jahre Bundespolizei, 60th anniversary of the German Federal Police of Germany, Brandenburger Tor, Berlin, 2011
- 60 Jahre Bundesrepublik - Bürgerfest 2009, 60th anniversary of the Federal Republic of Germany - Citizens Festival 2009, Brandenburger Tor, Berlin
- XX. Weltjugendtag, World Youth Day, Cologne, 2007
- coo-too-coo - “Qualified culture projects for adolescents in two quarters of Berlin” sponsored by the federal program “Social city – Education, Economy, Working in the quarter”: Event organization and music production, since 2009
2. Organization of Trade Fairs and Conferences
Because of the close contact to the Piranha Arts branches WOMEX and Classical:NEXT with the three Expo areas, Conference and Showcase Festival, we can fall back on a wealth of experience and an international network in these areas. From conception to the optimum sequence of the activities, up to the evaluation we are aside with experience and competence.